I can't believe how long it has taken me to complete the pacifier clips. I had originally planned on Project #1 being just the Frog pacifier clip. As I started the project I ran into a few stumbling blocks. My yarn shop doesn't carry Rowan yarns. I knew that and had another brand in mind. Turned out, it didn't work. I tried Paton's Grace, it didn't work either. Finally, I chose Butterfly Mercerized Cotton-Super 10. I love the yarn. The only thing that disappoints me, the colors. Even though I had a ton to pick from in the Butterfly line, they were off just a titch, from the Rowan that Susan had used. And, of course, Susan has such an eye for color and mine are too bright. Oh well, live and learn.
Another problem, I tried 6 stores to find the pacifier clip. They either didn't carry them or they were sold out. Since I couldn't finish the Frog without it, I gave into my granddaughters begging and made 4 little frogs, one for each of them.
Still with no clips, I decided to make the Flower and Elephant pacifier clips. I figured, once I found the clips, I could complete all 3 styles.
I found the Frog and Elephant easy to knit. However, that crazy flower. The petals were so easy and fun. I LOVE the construction of each petal. The problem for me, sewing those 5 petals together. I don't know how many times I took them apart. It made me CRAZY!
The 3 pacifier clips are finally done. I love everything about the Elephant. I don't think there is a cuter Frog to be found. The flower reminds me of my hippie days, so it is redeemed. Even though it caused me such frustration, I now love it.
Project #1 ~ Pacifier Clips - COMPLETED