Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Project #1 ~ Pacifier Clips - Completed



I can't believe how long it has taken me to complete the pacifier clips. I had originally planned on Project #1 being just the Frog pacifier clip. As I started the project I ran into a few stumbling blocks. My yarn shop doesn't carry Rowan yarns. I knew that and had another brand in mind. Turned out, it didn't work. I tried Paton's Grace, it didn't work either. Finally, I chose Butterfly Mercerized Cotton-Super 10. I love the yarn. The only thing that disappoints me, the colors. Even though I had a ton to pick from in the Butterfly line, they were off just a titch, from the Rowan that Susan had used. And, of course, Susan has such an eye for color and mine are too bright. Oh well, live and learn.
Another problem, I tried 6 stores to find the pacifier clip. They either didn't carry them or they were sold out. Since I couldn't finish the Frog without it, I gave into my granddaughters begging and made 4 little frogs, one for each of them.
Still with no clips, I decided to make the Flower and Elephant pacifier clips. I figured, once I found the clips, I could complete all 3 styles.
I found the Frog and Elephant easy to knit. However, that crazy flower. The petals were so easy and fun. I LOVE the construction of each petal. The problem for me, sewing those 5 petals together. I don't know how many times I took them apart. It made me CRAZY!
The 3 pacifier clips are finally done. I love everything about the Elephant. I don't think there is a cuter Frog to be found. The flower reminds me of my hippie days, so it is redeemed. Even though it caused me such frustration, I now love it.

Project #1 ~ Pacifier Clips - COMPLETED

7 comments:

Melissa said...

These look great! Very inspiring! What are you going to make next?

Jackie said...

Where did you find the pacifier clips?
I have been looking for them too.

Sara in WI said...

Patience, Grasshopper....

Unknown said...

I have been looking for the pacifier clips as well. Any ideas?

Unknown said...

Congratulations on completing your first project! You've exceeded your target, you have three pacifiers now. Isn't that great?

Perhaps the colour of the flower is little too bright, but so what? It's still super adorable.

Anonymous said...

Good job on the pacifier clips! I was fortunate to find the pacifier clips for my projects almost everywhere I looked - at my local Safeway grocery store, at the Babies'r'Us, Target, etc. Maybe they're more popular locally.
I think the colors of your clips are wonderful -it would be very easy to find them in a diaper bag!

Gumdrop Pacifier said...

wow great designs! So lovely and I think many kids will like it. :)