Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Susan, Stripey Loop Squares, REALLY ?????


Let me start by saying "THANK YOU" to all of you who are taking a peek at my blog. I really appreciate that you take the time to check in. And, I really love to hear your comments. Advice is ALWAYS welcome.

Susan B. Anderson is a gifted, talented, wonderful artist. I AM NOT !!!!!!
When I started the Stripey Loop Square, I figured, easy as pie. EXACTLY !!!! Pie is NOT easy.
The plain part of the square was a breeze, knit rows and purl rows. Now, small detail, THE LOOPS ! I feel like a giant working on Tinkerbell's blanket. My fingers, trying to make the loop, hold it, then secure it, feel twice their size. These 2 squares are going to take me longer than all the others combined. Actually, the part that confuses me, once the loops are done, where am I slip stitching the loop row to? The only thing that might save me, Lisa ( Sasa6 on ravelry ). She is my dear friend who got me back into knitting, after a 37 year break. Lisa thinks she is coming over tonight to knit and watch the Olympics. Actually, I am going to make her do a practice row of loops and see if she does it different than I do. SHE will know if I am doing it wrong. Just dawned on me..... I should look on Susan's blog and see if she has a tutorial for "loops". Susan is so helpful. ( No tutorial for the loops. Only *I* need it. )

UPDATE ~ Sammy, my 21 year old cockatiel whose toes were severed, he is doing great. He stayed in the "Hospital Room" for 2 days, learned to maneuver with his injured foot and is now back to life as it is.

7 comments:

Jenny B said...

There is a loop stitch video at knittinghelp.com under the advanced techniques section. Hope this helps. Her videos are great.

Sasa said...

I think I had better go check out that video before I go over to Barb's tonight! (tee hee) I can't wait to spend time with Barb and her furry and feathered kids . . . oh and the human ones too!

Sara in WI said...

I'm so glad that Sammy's better!
The loops? You'll get it!

barb said...

Sara, Thank you. Sammy is my sweetheart. I used to have 9 birds and Sam was always the peacemaker. They would all be on the jungle gym and if a fight broke out, Sam would step in and settle it. I don't know what he said, but, they would all go to their own perch. Sammy is a very special bird.
The loops? I am getting ready to attempt them, AGAIN!

barb

Sasa said...

LOL - those loops are something else! Instead of doing the "loop stitch" Susan has you going back and crocheting the loops on top of the knitted square! Very interesting . . . .

And no, I wasn't much help last night! We played a card game instead of knitting!!!!

barb said...

Lisa, You were a TON of help. If I actually would have knit last night instead of playing cards, I would have made alot of progress on the square. However, what fun we had playing cards.

Unknown said...

Oh, let me know how things go. I'm going to try a dishcloth version of this for a 2 year old. Good luck!