Thursday, October 27, 2011

3 Fast Little Projects

I am SO excited. For the past 7 years, I have spent the week before Halloween making my granddaughter, Luiza's,  costume. From a mermaid with all the shells, beads, glitz and glitter, to Pocahontas, to princessess, to a black cat. This year, she had a list a mile long of characters she wanted to be. So, as usual, my daughter Sarah, Luiza, and I headed to the fabric store on Tuesday, less than a week before Halloween, to pick out the pattern and fabric. We walked in and I immediately found some great fabric. I turned to ask Sarah and Luiza what they thought of it and they were nowhere in sight. I was heading for the cutting table, with about 30 people in line, when they came around the corner carrying a gorgeous pair of wings. Luiza was squealing that she was going to be a butterfly and wear the wings with a black leotard and tights. It took everything for me to not SCREAM with joy. I can't imagine, the week before Halloween and all I have to do is decide what kind of soup and bread to make for Halloween dinner.


While I was at the fabric store, I picked up some fabric to make some stuffed pumpkins. I am making them for Thanksgiving, so I have a little bit of time.




I also picked up these 2 skeins of Patons Beehive Baby Chunky yarn. I had the hardest time trying to find a natural yarn that is soft enough for a baby. Any suggestions? I haven't been to my favorite local yarn shop, "have you any wool?". I am sure I will find some great skeins there. They always have just what I am looking for.


This week I made these 3 dishcloths for my ex-husband's wife, and her 2 married daughters. I am going to a dinner party on Saturday at one of the daughter's house. We all have such fun together.






Getting late, better say "Goodnight".

3 comments:

wellsheidi said...

Love to hear about your projects for the grandkids. Stay at home grandma myself. (Not an easy job, but a rewarding one)I'm always knitting or sewing something for someone also. I'm not one to comment much but I'm always watching for you. That sounded kind of creepy didn't it. Oh well, it's Halloween!

barb said...

Thank you. I LOVE to hear from other grandmas. We aren't stalkers, we just love to talk about our little ones.

Ertman-Trowbridge Family said...

Baby Cashmerino by Debbie Bliss is the best natural baby yarn I have found. It is pure delight. Using it myself to knit an outfit for no. 3!

It is pricey, so scout for it. I got mine for only about $5/skein (about half price).

And I am so glad you are blogging again! I have missed you!!!