Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I am actually getting things done!!!



I don't remember the last time that I had energy ALL day and was still able to stay awake and do something well into the wee hours of the morning. I don't think I have gone to bed before 1:00am in weeks.  Hope this lasts. 
I wish I had some HUGE project I could talk about. Maybe someday, but for now, I have alot of little things I have started and finished. I am so addicted to the baby bibs and washcloths from Down Cloverlaine. I am not a real fast knitter, but these bibs, I can do one in a normal day. My two newest ones are Rudy the Reindeer and the Owl. I think they are so sweet.



I was roaming through the patterns on Ravelry and came across these 2 granny squares. The first is called African Flower. I love this square. I don't why, but I think it is darling.



I also found a Hello Kitty crocheted square. I made a sample out of scrap yarn. I think the real colors will make a cute scarf.



I have my family over for Thanksgiving each year and I try to add a new decoration that Luiza, Ella, and Mia have made. This year we made cotton pumpkins. The girls loved sewing them. It was really nice that they could make them from beginning to end, all by themselves. They even made one for each of their teachers.  





I don't think I have mentioned that my son is in the Detroit Police Academy. He started in September and will graduate in March/April. It is SO grueling, but, he loves it. I am so proud of him. 

I am going to close for now. I am headed to the kitchen to wash dishes and then, I am going to work on Santa from the "itty bitty toys" book. He is coming along nicely. I hope to be done with him by Sunday. Here it is, 10:49 pm, and I am stilling going strong. 
                                                                                                                                                                                                  

4 comments:

Ertman-Trowbridge Family said...

I am in love with the owl bib! Perhaps I need to make one of those for Guinevere! (As if I am going to have the time!)

barb said...

Perhaps I have the time.

Ertman-Trowbridge Family said...

Are you crazy? You have all those fabulous grandbabies!

barb said...

Mine are older than yours. I will get busy on Friday making the bib. I am having the family for Thanksgiving, so, I am crash cleaning the house this week.